“I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.”
- Abraham Lincoln
We are proud to have our winery in a community where everybody is supportive of local businesses. Every dollar you spend at a local farm, artisan, winery, etc goes right back into the community you live.
At Mill River Winery, our goal is not only to produce quality wines, but also to educate our guests on everything from winemaking to wine tasting. That’s why when the winery is open you are welcome to stop by and sample a ‘flight’ of our wines. Also, on Saturday and Sundays throughout the year, we offer ‘Dirt to Bottle Tours‘ of our vineyard and manufacturing room.
When you visit our winery you will find a selection of locally made products for sale. Here are a few examples:
- Mariposa Giftware - founded in Gloucester, MA this line of giftware is made of 100% recycled material.
- American Stonecraft – this Lowell, MA based company uses stones from New England farms and makes them into intricate ‘food slabs.’
- Halladay’s Harvest Barn - since 1895 this company has been producing specialty seasonings and herb dips made from their own crops! These seasonings and dips make adding flavor to meals extremely easy!
- Plum Island Cookie Company - to compliment our Plum Island wines we carry cookies specially made for Mill River Winery. Makes a great gift for a special someone…or for yourself!
- Taza Chocolates - at the Taza Chocolate Factory in Somerville, MA they craft stone ground chocolate from bean to bar. Read more about their Direct Trade Certified Cacao Program
- Winfrey Chocolates - they’ve been treating the North Shore to delicious chocolate (made right here in Rowley, MA) since 1979. Their chocolate pairs unbelievably well with our wines.
- A selection of books written by local authors.
Our line of locally produced products will continue to grow. Stop in the winery to see what’s new!
Drink Local. Eat Local. Be Local.